Original topic:

Re: Samsung Account and Wrong Area Code

(Topic created: 04-20-2020 04:25 PM)
user4zfEh9BOws
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Good Evening,

My phone updated on April 15, 2020 at 5:07pm, upon updating it logged me out of my Samsung account on my phone. When I went to log back it, I had to put in my phone number to get my verification code to log back in. However, when I selected my country to put in my phone number, I noticed that the area code for my country is wrong. I am from Grenada and our area code is +1473, but on Samsung it is +1809 and because of that I am prevented from accessing my account on my phone. I cannot use any Samsung apps whatsoever.

Upon that, when I sign into the account on my desktp, I came to notice that my country is Jamaica and I do not have the option to change it.

I do not want to lose my pictures or any important information that has already been stored on my Samsung Cloud. 

May I have your assistance with these problems, please?

Thank you

Ashley

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user4byzmyCZI5
Constellation
Options

@user4zfEh9BOws  Hi i just recently had this issue and saw it fit to answer you right away. Im from Grenada as well so this was shocking to me. I used the usa area code (+1) and put 473 infront of my number and the code instantly appeared, you can also press send if it doesn't appear instantaneously. I do not know if it will work for you but it did for me, so i hope this helps and good luck.

View solution in context

7 Replies
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

I would recommend that you call in and talk to our Samsung Accounts department 855-795-0509

0 Likes
useroaahEo7Y1O
Constellation
Options

hello did you get any help with this having the same problem

0 Likes
Solution
user4byzmyCZI5
Constellation
Options

@user4zfEh9BOws  Hi i just recently had this issue and saw it fit to answer you right away. Im from Grenada as well so this was shocking to me. I used the usa area code (+1) and put 473 infront of my number and the code instantly appeared, you can also press send if it doesn't appear instantaneously. I do not know if it will work for you but it did for me, so i hope this helps and good luck.

View solution in context

userKfjOx0TnFe
Constellation
Options

I'm from Antigua and I used your suggestion. Worked like a charm. Thank you so much.

0 Likes
userV6XnM1XBPn
Astronaut
Options

I'm from St. Vincent and I had the same problem and you just helped me as well, thank you!

0 Likes
user4zfEh9BOws
Constellation
Options

Good Evening,

@user4byzmyCZI5 

Sorry I just saw this message because honestly I had given up hope. Thank you so much for your advise, it worked and I really appreciate it. It worked as a charm. This really helped. Thank you once again.
0 Likes
userlqqQehgMWQ
Astronaut
Options

thanks a lot. I was having this problem as well I'm from Dominica and this worked.

0 Likes