Original topic:

Remove Default Browser

(Topic created: 01-12-2022 03:30 PM)
ATomato
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I accidently clicked on the 'use a specific browser always'. I'm trying to revert it back to no default browser but I cannot find the option. I've tried and looked at several differents pictures but cannot find it

7 Replies
Ekamek
Red Giant
Options
Settings >Apps >Choose default apps, then change browser. You can also change it from the app's setting as well.
0 Likes
ATomato
Astronaut
Options
It is only allowing me to choose other browsers. I do not want a default browser and would like to go back to the system asking me to choose the browser option
0 Likes
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@ATomato

On the app info page have you tried setting change system settings to allowed. After that scroll to the top, tap on defaults. A new page should open with the option to clear defaults. Now it should ask which browser app you want to use each time.

Best regards,

CLF 

0 Likes
Ekamek
Red Giant
Options
Clear cache and data for the browser if you don't have any bookmarks you want to keep.
0 Likes
user149533at39
Honored Contributor
Options
This one is easy. 😃

Open up the Google Play Store.

Search for "browser" and choose to install a browser you have no interest in using.

After installation, open that browser - it should prompt to be the Default Browser.

Choose to make it the Default.

Now, quit the browser.

Go to Play Store and Un-install it.

Okay, so now, your phone does not have a Default browser set. 👍
user734264fo532
Honored Contributor
Options
Nice ✌️😘

The wife's always beating me to the punch
Members_505aK3j
Constellation
Options

Not really so easy. 😃

That doesn't work.

The default just reverts to Chrome, which you can't uninstall. You can only disable it. And that's one I'd prefer to be among the choices. 👎

0 Likes