JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Repurpose Bixby Button on S10e

(Topic created: 05-22-2019 10:49 AM)
Samsung_RJt4hfZ
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Is there any way to repurpose the Bixby button on the Samsung Galaxy S10e? I am not sure what I would use it for, but I am looking for options.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ShadowArtist201
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

I don't know if the S10e has this feature, but if you go into Bixby Settings, you can remap the Bixby button to open other apps.

View solution in context

3 Replies
SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

You can disable your Bixby Button from Opening Bixby.

Open Bixby Settings and Select the option for Bixby Button Key and toggle the option to stop it from opening when you press that button.

You may be able to remap the button using a third party application.

Hope this finds you well!

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
ShadowArtist201
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

I don't know if the S10e has this feature, but if you go into Bixby Settings, you can remap the Bixby button to open other apps.

View solution in context

userHSk4FfGuLw
Astronaut
Options

Someone in this thread said you can disable the Bixby key, but that was back in May. Now they have it so that the best you can do is assign Bixby to open only when a double tap occurs. Obviously they aren't going to let you completely disable it, though they should.

They provide options to assign other functions to a single tap of Bixby button, such as opening an app which might be useful for some, but how about doing something more basic like having it toggle the flashlight on and off? That doesn't seem to be assignable as a command (but it should be IMO).