cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richj44
Constellation

Routines not working?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I just upgraded to the S10 plus and so far I haven't been able to figure out why the routines I have set up (for things like commuting to work, commuting home, etc) have all stopped working.  I haven't dealt with Bixby yet, but does it replace the regular Google routines so I have to set everything up with Bixby now or what?  Does the S10+ just not support Google routines at all?  Or am I missing something obvious? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Richj44
Constellation

Re: Routines not working?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungQue wrote:

@Richj44 The S10 does support routines but to use google routines you will have to reach out to Google's customer service.

SamsungQue, thank you for the reply.  I have already checked the Google forums, and found quite a few posts from people with new S10s that were experiencing the same issue.  Their solution involves disabling Bixby, which I suspected might be an issue.  I did that and was able to run my Google routines again, like I had been doing for about a year before I upgraded to my new S10.

I'm not really sure who should ultimately be responsible, Google, or the company who implemented a conflicting system which broke Google's system.  I kind of think it would be on the company who broke a working system to help get it working again, but since I am back up and running I guess it doesn't matter.  Aside from this issue I am really loving my new phone.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Richj44 The S10 does support routines but to use google routines you will have to reach out to Google's customer service.

Richj44
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungQue wrote:

SamsungQue, thank you for the reply.  I have already checked the Google forums, and found quite a few posts from people with new S10s that were experiencing the same issue.  Their solution involves disabling Bixby, which I suspected might be an issue.  I did that and was able to run my Google routines again, like I had been doing for about a year before I upgraded to my new S10.

I'm not really sure who should ultimately be responsible, Google, or the company who implemented a conflicting system which broke Google's system.  I kind of think it would be on the company who broke a working system to help get it working again, but since I am back up and running I guess it doesn't matter.  Aside from this issue I am really loving my new phone.

View solution in original post

usercYkPU8TSVi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My own update: I turned off bixby every single place I could find [I scoured settings, etc] and told it not to run, took away any permissions I was able.  Then Samsung updated Bixby everything, turned them all back on, turned on auto-updating [again] and disabled Google Assistant routines from running....AGAIN, AFTER I had finally gotten Google Routines to start working again.  I had it running for over a year on my S8+ just fine, and to have to go through so many steps to get Samsung to allow a system that was working to be allowed to work again....it makes me livid.  I'm upset because now I figure, even after going through and shutting it down again and turning off auto-updates to Bixby everything AGAIN.....I expect it to reassert itself again soon.  If that happens, I'll be returning my S10+ and going back to my S8+.  I didn't "upgrade" to a new, faster phone to have to fight with it every single day to keep using the systems I bought an Android phone to use.  Bixby should be an option, not a bludgeon Samsung keeps hitting people over the head with.  So I'm with you, I don't think it's appropriate for Samsung to be telling us 'oh, well, you'll have to ask Google to get it working again' when they [Samsung] are the ones who keep breaking it.

jordanxrichards
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you disabled auto-updates through the Google Playstore and the Galaxy Store?

I get that you shouldn't be forced into using bixby routines, but have you tried switching over?

userCZJqlVr4Cq
Constellation

Bixby Routines needs more

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here are 3 major issues that have disappointed me about Bixby Routines:

1.  I use WiFi Calling when I'm at home because my signal is weak.  Ideally I want to turn it on when I'm at home, and turn it off when I have a strong cell signal away from home (3 bars or better). But so far I have not found a way to access WiFi Calling in Bixby Routines.  Please provide access to WiFi Calling.

2. Bixby Routines exposes only a select few settings on the phone.  I would like it to expose all my settings.  Two that I need at the moment are: a. Accessability...Installed Services... [specific application]....settings  ; b. Apps....[specific application]...Force Stop

3.  Bixby Routines can trigger based on when connections to Bluetooth and WiFi are established, but I have not found a way to trigger when the connection to specific device is disconnected.  For instance, I want to set my phone back to 'normal mode' when I disconnect from my car no matter where I might be.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Bixby Routines needs more

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.