Original topic:

S20FE Bixby weather

(Topic created: 12-07-2021 04:18 AM)
jocimo
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Why can't I set a preferred weather capsule  in Bixby?  The option doesn't exist. Easy to do on my A52
0 Likes
4 Replies
tom2044
Comet
Options
Yes I agree. It's very annoying that if I ask for the weather it asks me to choose the capsule. You have to say the name of the capsule. So if you used the weather channel you would have to say "what's the weather? With the weather channel" or "check the weather with the weather channel" That's the only way to go directly to the weather unfortunately.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@tom2044 Once you select a capsule for weather you won't need to say the capsule name when asking for the weather. 

0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@jocimo "Why can't I set a preferred weather capsule  in Bixby?"

There are a couple of ways:

• When you ask Bixby for the weather and it asks you which capsule to use, you can click on the preferred capsule and it will use that capsule from then on. 
  • Open the Bixby app. Go to the 3 line menu in upper left. Click the gear icon in upper right. Click on Preferred capsules. Scroll down to weather and pick the capsule that you want to use by default. 
jocimo
Constellation
Options
Well, I stand corrected. I had tried this several times over the past six months with no success. Your response made me go look again and I have to say the weather capsule preference is now listed!
Thank you for making me look again!
I wonder if it was fixed in the last update.
0 Likes