Original topic:

SPAM GROUP TEXTS

(Topic created: 11-12-2022 11:21 PM)
momtornado
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Has anyone figured out how to block these annoying, constant spam group texts? I was able to block one, but cannot remember how I did it. SMH
12 Replies
Weetha
Astronaut
Options
No I am bombarded with them ever since iactivated samsung
0 Likes
momtornado
Astronaut
Options
Thank you all
0 Likes
LauraRG
Comet
Options
Spam group texts? Hmm do you not have spam blocking on?
0 Likes
mdw22
Nebula
Options
Go to default apps and choose Samsung phone or Google phone to block spam and to handle caller id
Lrock
Comet
Options
yes. if youre using samsung messages hit the 3 dot menu > settings > block numbers and spam > conversations > select the conversation > all numbers in the group text will be blocked, 20221113_055456.gif
0 Likes
Adam_Huber
Asteroid
Options

3 dot menu = settings = block numbers and spam = conversations = select the conversation = all numbers in the group text will be blocked. You will be free from these type of spams.

0 Likes
Lrock
Comet
Options
biter
0 Likes
NeonX89
Comet
Options
As they were saying, you'll have to individually select those numbers in that "mms" chat and block them one by one to stop the group completely.

I discovered one issue with it is if this is your friends, and they're group messaging and being annoying lol you might not want to block them. But you can certainly go into the "all" section of your messages tap and hold on the group you don't want, hit the notifications icon to mute their conversation.

Screenshot_20221113_060538_Messages_1000006366_1668348338.png
0 Likes
starflight74656
Constellation
Options
Fortunately, the GMAIL email app which I've been using since 2010 when I activated my first Android phone, has a SPAM inbox which keeps a lot of garbage group emails out of my primary inbox, which are completely unrelated to my accounts and personal messages. I do not dare to open any of these, as they could contain harmful malicious material.
There are some grouped email ads which do come into my inbox though on a daily basis, some of which are ads from my accounts including my cellular provider.
0 Likes