Original topic:

Samsung Access Upgrade - Samsung Care Coverage Gone

(Topic created on: 3/1/21 9:53 AM)
userE9VCCxRzFW
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Warning to anyone that has subscribed to Samsung Access and is thinking about upgrading their phone. I upgraded THRU MY SAMSUNG ACCESS program and am now told that the included Samsung Care insurance in my Samsung Access subscription DOES NOT transfer to my new upgraded phone. 

How crazy is that? Doesn't make any sense. I was told to go purchase a separate new Samsung Care for the new phone. They want me to essentially double pay for insurance.

2 Replies
Options
pretty sure the ins for your phone is only for that phone ever and only if you own it and is not transferable. new phone, new serial number, higher price, more money for ins... get phone ins from your carrier since its for you not items and covers anything you have listed with them.
0 Likes
userE9VCCxRzFW
Constellation
Options

I understand what you're saying but the whole point of the "Samsung Access Subscription" is a bundle of services at a discounted price. And they advertise one of the benefits of Samsung Access Subscription is the benefit of upgrading your phone at anytime. Yet after you upgade your phone, the discount Care+ insurance on your subscription bundle can not be transferred to the knew phone. I'ts confusing to understand without having a bad first hand experience like I have. 

0 Likes