cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung Account Change Country

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I moved to a different country a few years ago but my samsung account still has my old country on it. How do I change my country?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Account Change Country

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I called Samsung support as you suggested and opened a ticket with them. Took them a couple of days to take the necessary actions and verify things, but ultimately I received an email confirming the change and I'm now able to update my address/phone number etc. to the correct one in the US. 

One warning to people looking to do this: If you have any purchases or points etc. associated with the account, then they are all wiped and lost as a result of changing the country. Samsung support did an excellent job of making sure this was clear, both when I talked with them and in the email they sent informing of the requested change, so I wasn't blindsided by this.  In my case, I did not have anything so it was a non issue, but for others that have accumulated points etc, it may be a consideration.

Thanks for the help! Smiley Happy 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Sorry for the confusion and trouble 

https://account.samsung.com/membership/getProfileInfo.do

login to your samsung account using link above and change your profile in their.

Hope this is helpful

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately it does not let me edit my county in the profile. I can see it but I can make no change to it.

@JHampton1-837 wrote:

Hey Sorry for the confusion and trouble 

https://account.samsung.com/membership/getProfileInfo.do

login to your samsung account using link above and change your profile in their.

Hope this is helpful

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having same problem as the original poster.  I'm searching for a solution for it too. There does not appear to be a way to update this on my own via the website.  Anyone have a definitive answer on how to get this fixed?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I would recommend reaching out to our Samsung Accounts department to further assist with your concerns. They can be reached directly at 1-855-795-0509.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I called Samsung support as you suggested and opened a ticket with them. Took them a couple of days to take the necessary actions and verify things, but ultimately I received an email confirming the change and I'm now able to update my address/phone number etc. to the correct one in the US. 

One warning to people looking to do this: If you have any purchases or points etc. associated with the account, then they are all wiped and lost as a result of changing the country. Samsung support did an excellent job of making sure this was clear, both when I talked with them and in the email they sent informing of the requested change, so I wasn't blindsided by this.  In my case, I did not have anything so it was a non issue, but for others that have accumulated points etc, it may be a consideration.

Thanks for the help! Smiley Happy 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user8DFd5BbGlN  could you provide the link to their ticket system or did you send them an email

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

you should be able to change it in your account settings when you log in on a desktop. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately it does not let me edit my county in the profile. I can see it but I can make no change to it.