JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung App Store vs Google App Store

(Topic created: 10-29-2020 05:11 PM)
FBOL
Halo
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
How do I keep the Samsung App Store from trying to update apps that I downloaded from the Google App Store.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Hey, 

@FBOL

I have automatically update turned off for both stores. I also have app update notifications turned off for both stores. I check manually once a day. Just a personal preference so if the phone suddenly has issues after an app update I'll at least know which ones to look at. Play store shows a temporary list of the most recently updated apps. Galaxy store doesn't provide any information on what has been updated. It does provide in app notifications for some but not all of the Samsung apps. This morning galaxy store had updates for Bixby and text to speech. I have them them both set to update using Wi-Fi only. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

View solution in context

2 Replies
MikeSapienza
Galaxy
Options
Make sure you check for app updates on the Play Store daily. Any updates installed through there will make the update notification on the Galaxy Store disappear once the app update is installed.
0 Likes
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Hey, 

@FBOL

I have automatically update turned off for both stores. I also have app update notifications turned off for both stores. I check manually once a day. Just a personal preference so if the phone suddenly has issues after an app update I'll at least know which ones to look at. Play store shows a temporary list of the most recently updated apps. Galaxy store doesn't provide any information on what has been updated. It does provide in app notifications for some but not all of the Samsung apps. This morning galaxy store had updates for Bixby and text to speech. I have them them both set to update using Wi-Fi only. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

View solution in context