cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userunQf8Riuow
Astronaut

Samsung Apps not working after Aug/Sept 19 Update

After the latest update, some of my Samsung apps have not been working properly.

My camera keeps failing and not saving photos, although it has no problems with videos. It doesn't happen every time I use the camera, but it's been happening for about a week now. 

My notepad has lost the options to format text.

And this happened a while ago but my samsung messages app randomly stopped functioning properly and getting texts from people so I had to download a different messaging app to ensure I was receiving all messages. I also read other help articles on this about completely removing and resetting this app and it still didn't fix it so that's when I download the other app.

It only seems to be Samsung apps that I'm having problems with so I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing these issues or if there is any advice for how I can fix these apps and get them running normally again.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Apps not working after Aug/Sept 19 Update

I would recommend wiping the cache partition of your device.

Here are the steps to do so:

1.    Turn off the device.
2.    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3.    When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4.    An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5.    Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6.    Press Power key to select.
7.    Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8.    When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9.    Press the Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung_XBPppPS
Astronaut

I can't get my Notes app to work, not even to open, and all my study materials are on it for my college classes. I've tried everything I can think of but factory resetting. I tried wiping the app cache and everything.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Samsung_XBPppPS wrote:

I can't get my Notes app to work, not even to open, and all my study materials are on it for my college classes. I've tried everything I can think of but factory resetting. I tried wiping the app cache and everything.

So on camera app and messages try:

Go to settings>apps>find the app in the list>go to storage and clear data

On Samung Notes, I don't know if clearing data deletes your notes or not, but it shouldn't!

Just in case check to see if Samsund Notes are backup up in settings.  Go to settings>accounts and backup>Samsung Cloud>Other synced data and there you should see Notes app

*Verizon branded Galaxy Phone may not have Samsung Cloud option shown.