Original topic:

Samsung Browser - How to save & view more than 7 days of browser history?

(Topic created: 06-10-2022 04:21 PM)
LostStonerBoy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I moved from Google chrome to the Samsung internet browser when Google got rid of the secondary toolbar that could be placed at the bottom of the screen. I did this mainly because I found having that toolbar at the bottom of the screen was a massive help, as it kept me from having to slide my phone up and down in my hand to access the tabs, home, back, forward, & search buttons. The way it is now, which is the way it was a few years back I have to let my phone slide down in my hand to access all of these and then push it back up to get back to the bottom to type on the keyboard.

Now after having used the Samsung Browser for a while I do enjoy the secondary bar on it as well, which was why I switched to it, as well as the build in Samsung pass functionality.

However now I've noticed that when I need to find a page that I had searched for or viewed two weeks or more ago, I can't look through my search history to find this page again, because the Samsung browser only shows me the last 7 days worth of search history, and nothing more, ever.

This kinda came as a surprise to me, since much like the chrome browser, which backs up all of your search history in your Google account, Samsung's browser backs up and saves your favorites, as well as search history in your Samsung account. 

But it would appear that even it only backs up or saves the last 7 days worth of history at a time.

So does anyone know a way to make the Samsung browser keep all of my search/browser history until I choose to clean it out myself? Or at the very least make it keep say a months worth of history rather than just a measly 7 days worth?

If not then can anyone recommend a different browser that will save more history than this, but that will also let me have a second toolbar, and is relatively close to this broswer, so I can have the home, back, forward, tabs, search, & menu buttons on the bottom of my screen so they are easier to reach?

Edit: I have the most up to date version of the app, version:17.0.43 for my device.

For those of you who immediately get the urge to tell me what buttons to press and where to go to view my search history, please don't, as I'm fairly tech savvy, I don't need help locating the search history!
I know exactly where it is, which is why I didn't ask for help finding it, and that is also how I know it only keeps the "past 7 days" worth of search history as you can see in screenshots posted as replies to comments below.

Thanks!
24 Replies
Starchaser
Comet
Options
In the browser, click the 3 lines menu at the right botton of the app. Click history, at the bottom of history you should see last 30 days of history.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
You are completely right!!
0 Likes
LostStonerBoy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Starchaser is right about where to go to access it, however they are not right about it showing the last 30 days, because it only shows "last 7 days" as you can see from my attached screenshotScreenshot_20220613-201051_Samsung Internet_21874_1655169121.jpg
0 Likes
LostStonerBoy
Cosmic Ray
Options
I know where to go, and how to access it, that's how I know it only shows the last 7 days, not 30.

I've attached a screenshot showing that it shows only "last 7 days" and does not shows anything beyond. Even Samsung support said it's not made to keep any more than that at this time.Screenshot_20220613-201051_Samsung Internet_21874_1655169121.jpg
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Open the Samsung browser and then go to three lines near the bottom right side then select the history and you should be able to see your internet history Screenshot_20220610-201818_Samsung Internet_1725_1654906698.jpgScreenshot_20220610-201825_Samsung Internet_1726_1654906705.jpg
0 Likes
LostStonerBoy
Cosmic Ray
Options
I know WHERE to go, and HOW to view it, otherwise I wouldn't know that it only saves 7 days of history. That wasn't what I was asking for help with either.

The issue is it only saves, shows, or displays the LAST 7 DAYS of history, and absolutely NOTHING MORE than the LAST 7 DAYS of history as you can see from the screenshot I have providedScreenshot_20220613-201051_Samsung Internet_21874_1655169121.jpg
0 Likes
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@LostStonerBoy It stores at least 30 days of history. Not sure why you are only seeing 7 days of history. 

0 Likes
LostStonerBoy
Cosmic Ray
Options
I'm glad you can see 30, I only see the "last 7 days" as you can see by my screenshot.Screenshot_20220613-201051_Samsung Internet_21874_1655169121.jpg
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
I am not sure why you can only see 7 days, I would try and reset the application, I have over 30 days listed also, what is your exact device and Android version
0 Likes