Original topic:

Samsung Calendar app not syncing daily events created in Outlook account.

(Topic created: 05-04-2021 12:39 PM)
T5X_0H7
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
A few days ago, after updating my S10+ Android software, Samsung's Calendar App stopped syncing all "daily" events that were created in Outlook. This issue didn't occur before the following update:  

Galaxy S10+ (SM-G975U1) 
Build Number : G975U1UEU5GUCG 
Android version : R(Android 11) 
Release Date : 2021-04-26 
Security patch level : 2021-03-01 

And

Samsung Calendar app version: 12.2.01.5000

After this update, the calendar app stopped working correctly. I can create a daily event in the Samsung calendar app and sync it to my outlook account. BUT daily events that were created in Outlook will not sync to the Samsung calendar. Other events, such as weekly, will sync. Just daily events created in Outlook will not sync. This error does not occur on my Galaxy Tab S4 or my Galaxy Tab A (2019). The calendar apps on those devices sync correctly. Again, this error occurred after updating my phone a few days ago. Deleting accounts and then adding them again does not fix error. The calendar app will sync everything except the daily events. 

Also, I have attached two screenshots of the software update that caused the error and the calendar app version on my phone.

0 Likes
7 Replies
userWmFbqWWWgB
Constellation
Options
Me too...
0 Likes
T5X_0H7
Asteroid
Options
I found what might be the cause. The new version only syncs events within a 12 year period. Older version did not have this issue. For example, a daily event created on May 4th 2008, on the PC with OUTLOOK, will not sync to the Samsung calendar. But if you created it yesterday... It will sync. No problem. The new Samsung calendar app has a limit on how far repeated events will sync into the future.
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
That's why I chose to use Google calendar long ago. Never had syncing issues.
0 Likes
T5X_0H7
Asteroid
Options
Google calendar or any Google apps aren't allowed at my workplace. According to the regulations here, they don't meet the HIPAA compliance. We have to use Microsoft everything on our desktops or on our company phones.
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
File an error report. You'll have more luck getting a response.
0 Likes
T5X_0H7
Asteroid
Options
Already did that. Thank you though.
0 Likes
user08UmEJWmpa
Astronaut
Options
Having similar issue. Can't add my outlook account (calendar) to the Samsung calendar. It works sometimes, and then all of a sudden my stuff is gone and the app appears like there's no account to sync with. I tried adding the outlook account again, but then it says there's already an account but I can't see it. Not sure if it has to do with updates or not, but it's really getting old. Kinda making me think I should be switching over to a pixel
0 Likes