cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Camera App Slo Mo downgrade?

When I got my samsung Galaxy S9 a few years back on an older version of Android (7,8 or 9 not sure) The Samsung Camera App's Slo Mo mode had a feature that let you setup to record normally with a square in the field of view to wait for something to enter it and activate slo mo itself.  I would record 30 minutes to an hour of something like say a bird feeder then take the video look for good 3-5 minute sections of video containing a good number of slo motion moments, trim and add music. This feature was amazing but unfortunately I got busy with things for a while and didn't use it for some time.

Fast forward to a few months ago.

I buy a Galaxy S20 5g .. decide I want to get back into doing hyperlapse and slo mo videos of squirrels and birds and other critters that come to my porch to feed. I get everything set up and then to my dismay I cannot seem to locate the same slo mo capture functions I used to us. Super Slo mo seems to be the same but the ability to record and auto capture multiple slo motion moments over a long period recording is gone. I was like well phooey let me go back to my S9 and use that... that camera app is updated as well and is the same across both phones.

Am I just just not seeing this option, does it need to be unlocked or did they actually remove this feature because now all I can do in Slo Mo is record a video stop save the video and then do a maximum of 2 slo mo moments manually per clip?

If the feature is gone, anyone know of a 3rd party app that can do what I am looking to do?

I may have meant Super Slo Mo but the issue is the same. Automatic Now only records until super slo mo is triggered and then stops recording all together. It used to go back to normal recording and could do additional super slo mo events until you stopped recording.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Samsung Camera App Slo Mo downgrade?

I have a Note 20 Ultra and found that the Slo Mo feature actually will take multiple Slo Mo bursts while taking a longer video. The indicator box isn't there so I don't know if it is using the entire frame or not.

After you take one of these videos, go into the Gallery, open the video, click on the pencil icon. Just above the display of the frames you can see a line where the slomo was applied. You can change the speed of the slomo and you can adjust the frames where it is applied by dragging the vertical lines at the start and stop of the slommo area. 

20200904_092641.jpgScreenshot_20200904-092805_Slow motion editor.jpg 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: Samsung Camera App Slo Mo downgrade?

so that only allows a single split fo a max of 2 slow mo moments. previously it was automatic anytime something moved through the selected viewing area. essentially I could record say a bird feeder for an hour and come back to 30+ slo mo moments automatically captured and then i could edit down the video to the clip size I'd end up with.

at some point over the last year or two that seems to have been removed.