Original topic:

Samsung Care+ help

(Topic created: 06-28-2021 08:06 AM)
Martman
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

So I dropped my S21 Ultra on Friday and while the glass screen didn't break, something underneath it did, to where there's a horizontal line that appears on my screen every so often, and everything below it flashes orange/white. I purchased a Samsung Care+ plan back in Dec 2019 when I got my Note 10+. In Feb this year, I decided to trade in the Note 10+ for the S21 Ultra. I figured that since I was replacing one Samsung product with another, the SC+ plan would carry over to the new device. Turns out you have to inform Samsung you're getting a new device, cancel the SC+ plan for the old device, and start a new SC+ plan. So basically, I've been paying $11.99 a month to insure a device I no longer have and have no insurance on the new device that I dropped. Samsung is digging in their heels on this, and won't give me a break, even thought it was an honest mistake on my part.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do?

3 Replies
DeafSamsungGamer
Astronaut
Options
You have a warranty for new new phone for one year?
0 Likes
Martman
Constellation
Options

I think a warranty is the only way I'll get out of this without having to pay a lot of money.  But there's no guarantee Samsung would honor that warranty if the damage was from accidentally dropping the phone?

0 Likes
DeafSamsungGamer
Astronaut
Options
Yeah samsung care is very expensive 😒
0 Likes