JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Cloud backup only shows camera photos?

(Topic created: 10-29-2020 06:09 AM)
DanTheMan94
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi all

I currently have a Samsung S9+. I back up my files to Google Drive and also Samsung Cloud. However, I noticed when the Samsung Cloud backs up, it only backs up my camera photos and not any others such as screenshots or photos saved from the internet, social media etc.

When I go to Samsung Cloud back up and go to recently added, its just camera photos. Does anyone have any ideas please? I've paid extra for the 100GB cloud storage so space isn't an issue and its up to date.

Thanks in advance

4 Replies
MelissaD
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
hi userOSy1bJ6gzuI
I may have a solution for you. if I understand what you want to do, which is to back up or move your screenshots to Samsung Cloud Drive, try this:
When on your homescreen, swipe up to bring up the search bar. Type in "screenshots" and see what the results are. if you select a result, click the 3dot menu, select edit, the select all (or individual ones) and then the share icon and choose Samsung Cloud Drive from the list where you want to share.
hope this helps. I tried it on my Note8 before sending and it worked for me.
0 Likes
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, 

@DanTheMan94

I'm not entirely sure which option you're using in Samsung cloud to backup your gallery data. The only option I see that has the statement Recently Added that can automatically backup /sync your gallery data is titled Gallery at the top of the Samsung cloud app home screen. If this is the one you're using follow the steps below to add more gallery albums to the backup /sync list. Samsung cloud drive the files are uploaded manually and don't automatically backup or sync to Samsung cloud storage. At the bottom of the Samsung cloud home page we have backup, restore and delete backups. When I select restore and tap the downfacing chevron next to apps the only app related to the gallery app is 360 photo editor and that's it for the system backup. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

20201030_074933.jpg

20201030_075046.jpg

20201030_075436.jpg

Solution
DanTheMan94
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@CLF  wrote:

Hey, 

@DanTheMan94

I'm not entirely sure which option you're using in Samsung cloud to backup your gallery data. The only option I see that has the statement Recently Added that can automatically backup /sync your gallery data is titled Gallery at the top of the Samsung cloud app home screen. If this is the one you're using follow the steps below to add more gallery albums to the backup /sync list. Samsung cloud drive the files are uploaded manually and don't automatically backup or sync to Samsung cloud storage. At the bottom of the Samsung cloud home page we have backup, restore and delete backups. When I select restore and tap the downfacing chevron next to apps the only app related to the gallery app is 360 photo editor and that's it for the system backup. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

20201030_074933.jpg

20201030_075046.jpg

20201030_075436.jpg

This looks like it worked - thank you so much!

CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You're very welcome and thanks for sharing the results I really appreciate this. 

Keep in mind that in 2021 gallery sync and Samsung cloud drive services are going to be removed. They've split the removal into two groups with different time lines. The current offer is to transfer the gallery album syncing to Microsoft one drive. I didn't care for the offer so I'm saving most of mine to Google drive, a computer, and an external ssd. Personal preference I guess.

I really did like those services.

Have fun, 

CLF