Original topic:

Samsung Cloud Data Limit

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
StefanD
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I wanted to know if anyone has an idea of how much data can be stored in Samsung Cloud these days?  I know Gallery and Files has been ported to Onedrive but what about Samsung Notes?  

I use Samsung Notes alot and would like to use it as a true alternative to Evernote/OneNote but how much data can sync? While it "partners" with OneNote...all of the data syncs with Samsung Cloud, yes? 

What are the storage limitations?
0 Likes
5 Replies
iamerror
Astronaut
Options
Only 5 free GB for Samsung cloud if I'm not mistaken. If you need more space you have to pay them and If you don't transfer over to one drive within these next couple of months they will delete everything. Pictures, downloads, notes.
0 Likes
StefanD
Asteroid
Options
Thanks for the reply! I just had a chat with a rep here and he said as long as you are syncing Samsung Notes with OneNote you are under the One Drive umbrella. It was just a little weird because you still have to enable Samsung Cloud sync right now. He said that will be changing soon.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@iamerror 

"If you don't transfer over to one drive within these next couple of months they will delete everything."

This only affects photos and videos. 

0 Likes
Options
Wait, I thought Samsung Cloud only allowed 15 GB?
0 Likes
StefanD
Asteroid
Options
According to the rep...your data from Samsung Notes is being synced to OneDrive which will allow for more storage and the way he worded it made it seem like there is a "transition" phase happening but Samsung Notes will be synced with however much storage you have in OneDrive. Samsung Cloud will not be handling Note data in the future.
0 Likes