JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Cloud moving to OneDrive

(Topic created: 11-04-2020 11:44 AM)
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Just wanted to remind everyone that Samsungs cloud backup support is moving to Microsoft OneDrive. The move is pretty seamless and only takes 5 minutes so I'd do it while its fresh on your mind. All content from your cloud will be deleted if you choose not to move and/or forget to download. You can find Microsoft OneDrive in the Google Playstore  #FriendlyReminder

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Hello, sorry for the late response I recently took a two month break from the Samsung Members app to focus on other work. Given your timeline crunch and the April Deadline, I would recommend swinging by Walmart or another store nearby and grabbing a usb jump drive. Depending on how much storage you will need it will give you not only a place to offload all your files and photos, but also a safe area to sort through and decide which you would like to reload into Onedrive and/or Google photos. As far as transferring all of your files to Google photos...that is also an option. The issue with that is that they plan to start charging you for all of your storage this year after a certain limit is reached and also requiring you to upload in a lower (HEIF) compressed standard. I recommend thumb drive to keep your personal but important files and photos that you dont want to lose but dont use every day and then delegate between Onedrive , Google Photos, and your devices internal file system as to where the rest should land.

View solution in context

13 Replies
CHaines
Astronaut
Options
SHADOWGATE I saw this post of yours and wanted to message you, but I don't know how. This is the first day I've ever payed anything here. Anyway OneDrive is always confusing to me. would you be willing to help? It always seems like there's nothing there except like 2 files I added, cause that's all it will let me do.
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
sorry for the late response I took a break from the Members app to focus on my woodworking
0 Likes
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
same here. I honestly think it's still being built. Microsoft just is too large of a company to admit it's still a Beta. I dont think it's been Fully Integrated into Samsung and Google and all of the other companies infrastructure yet. Theyll tell you it is but I've found several Bugs that need polished to be considered a full fledged application. I honestly believe that it is early release Alpha and they are using the few amounts of people that do go ahead and make the switch to gather data. If it was "fully integrated" it wouldn't be connected to the devices memory through redirect ya know??!! it would just be. Not to mention the constant 2-step and token authority. If it was the end all be all Official App then it wouldn't be asking for Token Authority from another app if that makes sense. Theres also a large problem with the file integration from what I've noticed. Apparently you have too. It seems to handle files, folders, pics, etc. that are loaded directly into its cloud base, but seems to be having problems on the hand to hand with Samsungs system. Samsung hands it over , Microsoft takes it, stores it, but when Samsung walks away Microsoft gets nervous without Sammi being there and either forgets the file is there or doesnt know how to talk to the device you are holding without Samsung being a mediator. Strange. I think it will all work itself out as more migration and development goes in. More Study. But for know, I recommend storing ANYTHING of importance elsewhere. I wouldn't depend on Samsung because they are closing their doors for cloud storage and I wouldn't trust OneDrive either because they are just lost in the clouds at the moment
Kamineho
Asteroid
Options
I can't transfer from Samsung cloud to onedrive
mohamedrago
Astronaut
Options
Hey display let's see who's gonna win
0 Likes
mohamedrago
Astronaut
Options
Are you there I am waiting for you my friend I am sorry
0 Likes
userDwzyz65LOT
Constellation
Options

It doesn't take 5 minutes. I've been sitting here for 10 and it still says "moving your data to OneDrive" work no bar to indicate how long it will be.

0 Likes
user7bSXA0G9U3
Astronaut
Options

I tried to do this, but it wanted to set up 2 factor authorization! I don't want that, and have problems doing so. It said my password was incorrect. I use LastPass for most logins and already have it set up for 2 factor authorization. I can't even VIEW my Gallery on my phone because this keeps popping up. It's a PITA. Is there an easy way to do this, and remove their popups?  All my passwords are around 11 alphanumeric with special symbols and I can't see what I have already typed in.

0 Likes
userU1JiovhtXd
Constellation
Options
what about things that we do not have in the Samsung cloud like does our regular gallery and also our files will they still stay on our phones and how does it work if I get a new phone
0 Likes