cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Samsung Dex ? Why ? What for ?

I am a hard core Samsung fan. I have used their Galaxy phones since the begining. Right now I have their Galaxy Note 10 plus and my only complaint is the price. I will never be an Apple or Mac user. I used to use Dex all the time and thought it was a great App til I used Windows Your Phone and it hands down blows Dex out of the water. It does more, its easyer to use, its like Samsung must not really care much and thats fine..Their not really into that kinda software..Personally I think they should have just let it alone cause it was a waste of resourses if your not going to do it all the way..Both are free, but if you were to compare them to cars Dex would be Honda Civic and Your Phone would be Ferrari of the apps..And if you dont believe me try it for your self and you will see the diffence...Thank you and be safe..

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Nebula

Re: Samsung Dex ? Why ? What for ?

windows your phone? care to elaborate on what that is, as i ditched the laptop yrs ago and haven't had any kind of chromebook, because of how much and what i can do via DeX. If you say this blows DeX out of the water...please do tell
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Samsung Dex ? Why ? What for ?

Think of these as tools in your tool box. For instance, a wood saw is for cutting wood while a cement saw is for cutting cement. They are both saws. Depending on your situation depends on which you use. 

One limitation of "Your Phone" is that the user needs a Windows 10 computer. I have only Mac computers. I've never been an iPhone user but Apple makes some seriously dependable computers. 

One great benefit of Dex is that all you need is a monitor or a computer running MacOS or Windows. You can walk into a hotel room or conference room and immediately be using the big screen. You don't need to lug a laptop around.