cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userkR1iZrRQ0v
Constellation

Samsung Experience and Notification pop-up

Recently, I started receiving notification pop-ups to login into the Samsung Experience for the secure folder.  I have tried to change the notifications for this app, but the solution is greyed out.  I have cleared cache, logged out/in, changed passwords, and forced stop but can't figure out how to stop it.  Of course, I can't delete it since it's a stock program.  Any solutions would have my eternal thanks and bring back my sanity.  It repeats ever 12 hours or so.

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Experience and Notification pop-up

Have you checked the Galaxy Store to make sure that application does not need an update?

userkR1iZrRQ0v
Constellation

Correct.  It is up to date.  I tried to even roll it back, but not able to.

Honored Contributor

@userkR1iZrRQ0v wrote:

Recently, I started receiving notification pop-ups to login into the Samsung Experience for the secure folder.  I have tried to change the notifications for this app, but the solution is greyed out.  I have cleared cache, logged out/in, changed passwords, and forced stop but can't figure out how to stop it.  Of course, I can't delete it since it's a stock program.  Any solutions would have my eternal thanks and bring back my sanity.  It repeats ever 12 hours or so.

So when you get notification from this app in the status bar, can't you tap and hold and then tap details when options appears?  In there you should be able to disable main toggle for notification concerning this app/service.

Go to settings>apps>tap 3 dots on top right>show system apps>find "the name of the app/service" in the list, then go to storage and clear data. Do this on each of the items you see in the list.  Also when you tap on the item from the list, you will see notifications, storage...look at "change system settings", appear on top, permissions and so on.  I usually turn off change system settings and appear on top if I want do disable something completely. 

userkR1iZrRQ0v
Constellation

Unfortunately, no.  It states notifications can't be turned off.  Repeats every 4 or 8 hours and very annoying.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

user8OdzRSjVs7
Constellation

I am also having this same problem and yes, I have wiped the cache and everything but a factory reset which I do not want to do.  Searching online and I have found this is a very common problem for Samsung users that use the secure folder.  Please get this resolved because it is very annoying