cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Financing Cancelled orders

I recently applied for Samsung Financing, a credit line that Samsung offers through TD Bank. My application was accepted and I was told I would be eligible to use samsung financing to purchase anything directly through samsung. 

I attempted to purchase a new phone and selected my samsung finance account as the payment option. It was processed and I received a confirmation email. No more than 10 minutes later do I receive another email stating my order has been cancelled and that it's likely due to an inaccuracy within the billing info. I checked my billing and it looked correct so I contacted samsung support. The representative was entirely unhelpful, stating that my address was likely to be incorrect so I verified it with them. With continuous back and forth for 12 minutes the representative finally told me I needed to contact TD Bank to confirm my samsung financing account had the correct information. I was on and off the phone with TD bank in less than 5 minutes, in which their rep confirmed my information was correct. I tried the order a second time. Same thing, another cancelled order email, and I contact samsung support again. Another rep stated everything the first rep told me, even after I explained to the rep what steps I already completed. They advised me to try the order again and to make sure my address was correct. I tried the order a third time, this time while communicating with someone on their online support chat. Cancelled again. The person in the online chat suggested I attempt another credit card, which seemed to defeat the purpose of samsung finance. I tried with my credit card and debt card, both cancelled orders. I called my bank to be sure the orders weren't flagged and my bank confirmed they were not. At this point I've gotten the run around from every service agent I spoke to, a total of 7 different representatives. It also appears samsung does not want money from customers in any format given that every order is being cancelled. Last, at this point I feel samsung financing is a scam that is only used for samsung to show they have financing as an option. The only reason i applied for their financing was to make the purchase, which I cannot do. It appears that this business is not training their support team to offer support and are only allowed to stick to a script. It has been a really frustrating process and I hope Samsung can change their policies in the future. 

A copy of this complaint has also been filed with the BBB. I hope new customers get the warnings before signing up for samsung finance or  purchasing directly from Samsung 
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Financing Cancelled orders

I have Samsung Financing through TD Bank and it works fine. I purchased my Note 9 and paid it off and than I've financed my Note10+ with zero issues.

Highlighted
Constellation

Having the exact same issue here, Placed order at Note 10 launch using Samsung Finance but kept getting canceled talked to TD and they said account is working fine and Samsung is canceling from their side, tried with 3 other cards the same issue. Fast forward to today i double checked all the addresses in my Cards and Samsung match EXACTLY and even created a new account but keep getting the cancellation email about 20-40 minutes from placing the order. WHAT IS GOING ON? how can we escalate this someone from the actual billing department needs to check because these "representatives " clearly are not trained for this at all.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I completely understand how much this experience has affected you. I wish I was equipped to handle your order information, but instead, I suggest you reach out to our E-Commerce department at, 1-855-726-8721. You'll be in good hands there. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

That phone number you provide is just another number to get to the same people that cannot help.  I'm having this same issue.  I feel like the only way to get samsung to take my money is to wrap it up on a rock and throw it into their window

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the same issue. Ive called multiple times and nobody can figure this out. Have any of you received a response?

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue here. No one is able to help. TD Bank/Samsung, No one.