Original topic:

Samsung Financing - Remove Linked TD Bank Account?

(Topic created: 05-13-2022 04:49 PM)
userUtqz16S9T3
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Guys, I'm desperate. I applied for a Samsung financing account about 5 years ago, I decided against buying through Samsung as I found a better deal elsewhere - so I never used the financing. A year ago, I decided to get another TV and ran into the issue of not having enough credit on the account (said so in the checkout on Samsung.com), so I called TD Bank who couldn't find me in the system and explained the account was closed due to inactivity - this makes sense. At that time, TD Bank went ahead and suggested I reapply through Samsung and I did. I was approved, this time for the limit I needed and went to checkout - the old closed account was still at checkout. I tried going through customer service and was tossed around and no one could help me, I just gave up.

Fast forward to today, I decided I would try to do this again and buy the TV. I login to TD Bank, confirm the account is still active and in good standing. I go through the process at Samsung.com to buy the TV and its still showing the financing account number that closed in 2015!!! I spent hours on the phone speaking to multiple teams and someone finally suggested I make a brand new email and Samsung account. So I did that, I made a new email and went to checkout. They told me to apply for Samsung Financing again and I was nervous because it looked like another application. They told me it would find my existing account and I would get a hit. Well guess what?! It was a brand new application, which I was approved for and the purchase was completed. So now I have two TD bank accounts, under the same email address with TD Bank but two different Samsung emails. I called TD bank to ask them to close my OLD (6 month old) account and keep the NEW account only, they told me they couldnt do that and will merge my new account into the old one. So now in a few weeks, the new account number linked to my account will be invalid - same as the issue with the 2015 closed account lmao. I'm exhausted. 

All this to ask, DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO REMOVE A LINKED TD BANK ACCOUNT FROM MY SAMSUNG PROFILE??? I do NOT want the closed 2015 account to show up, I want to have it manually removed and then work with someone to LINK the new account? Please, someone help.

Note: Before I signed up for a new account with TD today, I created a fresh Samsung profile and went to the linking page. The linking page said there was no application on file and to call customer service, which I did and thats how I was talked into creating a 2nd TD account. 

4 Replies
userUtqz16S9T3
Constellation
Options

and please don't tell me to call the e-commerce team, that is who had me apply for another credit account - now I have 2 hard inquires within the last year.

0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Try logging in to the Samsung financing account and try to remove the old account https://www.myonlineaccount.net/
0 Likes
Options
You can't haha. I hate samsung for this kind of mistake... but I love their product 🤗
0 Likes