cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung Flow Smart View - How to Disconnect on Android

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Flow is awesome. I haven't been able to figure something out though: After Smart View has been activated on my PC, how can I then disable/stop the Smart View from the Android device?

I understand how to disable Smart View from the PC, but I want to be able to disable it from the Android device. Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Flow Smart View - How to Disconnect on Android

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply. I am wondering if my question has not been fully understood. Why does the PC Flow app have an on/off option (see icon circled in red http://prntscr.com/oy9q8s), but the Android app does not have this feature?

There is another option to stop Smart View from the phone, and that is to restart the phone.

Here is my use case: I love using Smart View on Flow while I am sitting at my desk so that I can use all the features of my Android device on my PC. If I leave the vicinity of my home/office PC and do not remember to disable Smart View, then a phone restart is required in order to disconnect Smart View. It would be much more convenient to have an option that allows the user to turn Smart View on/off from the Android device.

Where is the best location for Samsung users to post feature requests for the Flow app?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to Settings> Applications> Three dots in the top corner (more options)> search for Smart View. Once you open it, select Force Stop, then select Clear Cache. If this doesn't work, you will need to Clear Data under the Storage options. Keep in mind, clearing the data will restore the app to factory defaults and all information will be deleted.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, thanks for your reply. That solution is overkill for what I am trying to do.

When I am using my PC, I can click the icon circled in red on the screenshot below to enable or disable Smart View. Is there a similar way to toggle Smart view on and off from the device without doing a Force Stop and clearing cache? Thanks

http://prntscr.com/oy9q8s

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately, there is not an option for on/off. The only option would be to delete the app from the phone.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply. I am wondering if my question has not been fully understood. Why does the PC Flow app have an on/off option (see icon circled in red http://prntscr.com/oy9q8s), but the Android app does not have this feature?

There is another option to stop Smart View from the phone, and that is to restart the phone.

Here is my use case: I love using Smart View on Flow while I am sitting at my desk so that I can use all the features of my Android device on my PC. If I leave the vicinity of my home/office PC and do not remember to disable Smart View, then a phone restart is required in order to disconnect Smart View. It would be much more convenient to have an option that allows the user to turn Smart View on/off from the Android device.

Where is the best location for Samsung users to post feature requests for the Flow app?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't know if you have since found a solution but if you touch the little down arrow in the Samsung Flow notification it gives you the option to TURN OFF.