I found a solution to the frame tv smart things app crashing every time you want to upload your own photos. Whole reason I bought the tv!
I believe the reason it crashes is that it’s trying to cache all the photos on your phone.
1. make an album on your phone with only the photos you want to put on tv. I chose 5
2. on iPhone go to settings / SmartThings/ photos/ and choose Selected Photos.
3. Choose edit selected photos and go to your album and select images from that
4. open app and go to art and my collection - at this point a pop up will appear to ask to upload photos or keep selected. Choose keep selected.
5. then you should see images. I was able to crop and add a matt and upload to tv. When I said save the crop it wouldn’t allow me but just choose send to frame and it worked.
it’s a buggy app so hope this helps!
Thank you for this suggestion. I have marked this post for our Product Experts to see.
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.