JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Gallery Yellow Icon in S22 Ultra

(Topic created: 05-18-2022 07:49 AM)
Stevezeva
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I just noticed something when I was browsing the photos I took last weekend in my Gallery. With some photos, a little yellow icon (it kind of looks like a clock) will appear in the lower right hand corner, and with other photos it doesn't. When you tap on the icon, the phone will display a pop-up like it's working on something and then a few seconds later a short 12-second video appears complete with sound. You can chose to save the video if you want. The colors in the image will change and shift, and the brightness dims and cycles along with the music. It's really very beautiful. But WHAT is this called? Why do some images display the icon and others don't? I just noticed this, like it's something that came in the latest update...

Screenshot_20220517-204831_Gallery.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
5 Replies
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
It sounds like you may have motion photos enabled which takes a short little video leading up to just before you snap a picture. It appears as an icon of a box with a little triangle in the list of options at the top of the display when the camera app is open. It is the next to last icon and is white when it is off and yellow when it is on.
0 Likes
Stevezeva
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi, no I don't have motion photos on. I just took a regular photo. It's kind of weird, when I go through and view the pictures in the camera folder in the gallery, some of the photos the icon will appear, but on other photos it does not. I'm trying to learn what triggers it to display the icon.

0 Likes
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
No, that is for a time-lapse AI process. If you click it it will show what it's like to go from day to night back today.
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@Stevezeva It is a new feature which will allow you to create 24 time lapse movies of landscape photos. 

Check out a demo here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdqxoeURLaQ 

Stevezeva
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you!
0 Likes