cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung Health Crashing when syncing to watch

Is anyone else experiencing this? Samsung health will try to sync to my watch and immediately crash. It happens 99% of the time with no apparent way to get it to work that 1% (all by luck). I have a Note10+ and a GWA2 UA Edition. It worked fine until the June update. Talked to Samsung and they told me to clear cache, force stop, optimize device etc etc. I even factory reset my phone and watch and it won't sync. Therefore I feel it is a problem within the app itself.
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Samsung Health Crashing when syncing to watch

@ethanhall55 

You might need to try updating the watch or phone, removing any beta software, or trying to sync while in Safe Mode. As well, does this happen while on Wi-Fi versus Data? 

• Try updating the device and watch.
  • Remove any beta software / apps.
  • Try booting into Safe Mode and syncing. If the safemode works try removing recently added apps.

If you need more help you may need to contact Samsung support: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

---

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Samsung Health Crashing when syncing to watch

Unable to test syncing in Safe Mode because Samsung Health gets disabled. Both phone and watch are updated, and no beta software/apps are installed. And sync/app crashing issues happen both on Data and WiFi. Thank you for the reply, I've just been holding off on contacting Samsung support due to the same answers (wipe cache, force stop, etc). After trying to sync after the factory reset and the app still crashing, Im very certain its a software issue with samsung health or the watch itself.
Highlighted
Constellation

Same problem. Till about 1-2 months. Note 8 anf Gear Watch 46. Also nothing helps. App is broken. Samsung advices are useless!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Samsung Health Crashing when syncing to watch

Don't know if this is the problem you are having, but my Samsung health app was crashing due to my Samsung profile picture file size being too large. I was told to change the profile picture of my Samsung account (going to Samsung account settings or searching yourself in your Samsung contacts app and changing pictures). Hopefully this helps someone.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Don't know if this is the problem people are having, but my Samsung health app was crashing due to my Samsung profile picture file size being too large. I was told to change the profile picture of my Samsung account (going to Samsung account settings or searching yourself in your Samsung contacts app and changing pictures). Hopefully this helps someone.
Highlighted
Constellation

@up 

Thanks. It looks that works for me. Wow. Never thought that photo size could influence sync with watch. Crazy. 

One again, thanks. I hope it will work for longer!