cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Health Oxygen saturation removed?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm guessing the real reason is they didn't want to be sued during the covid pandemic when someone used their pulse oximeter and said individual died and somehow became their fault.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The SpO2 sensor on the phones measurement has a infrared sensor which measures un-oxygenated blood, but a UV sensor is also needed to measure the oxygenated blood, which the phones and watches do not have.  So they guestimate the O2 levels using only one side of the equation.  Numerous articles and YouTube videos have highlighted the poor accuracy of the phones and watches.  I believe Samsung decided no dodge the lawsuit bullet that could come if someone claims that false SpO2 readings caused them damage.  It probably will not return until/if they put in a UV sensor as well.

I use it anyway but like to check my phone levels with a doctors finger tip measuring tool which has both sensors and is more accurate.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there, I don't mean to inundate you with requests, but could you please either post the last version number with the standalone O2 sensor, or let me know if you can send me the apk?

Many thanks. 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

pls send me the apk to me

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you Please I need this apk version.

<edit>

Best regards

Dr. Walid Tawfik

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you please send to me as well? Thanks!

@userSbnzkhBQsh wrote:

If you want I have an apk of the final version of Samsung health that still has the oxygen saturation test still in it right before they took it out...I can send it to you if you want

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send me also. Thx

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you read the accepted solution, which was posted before your comment you will see that O2 sensor is still enabled and available in Samsung Health. It has just been moved to a different place in the app (it's under "Stress").

I've just verified this with the latest Android and the latest Samsung Health a/o Apr 21, 2020.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Galaxy S10e running Android 10.  I installed Samsung Health today (4/24/20), so I'm using the latest version.  I did this explicitly to use the oxygen saturation feature.  Of course I found it wasn't there; I do see the 1/22/20 notice, "Oxygen saturation measurement is moving", which says "In the stress tracker, if Measure multiple is turned on, your oxygen saturation level will be included in your results."

However, there's no stress tracker/measurement function.  I enabled the permissions most likely to be involved (Body sensors, Camera, and Storage) and it didn't appear so I enabled all the requested permissions.  Still no stress tracker.

In the app description in Google Play it says "Tablets and some mobile devices may not be supported.  Some functions may not be available based on regions/service providers/devices."  I guess my phone & I fall into one of those categories.  Good luck to the rest of you!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, the new version of SHealth has SpO2 measurement within the Stress measurement tool, however, they provide no way to view past levels or see any trend data.  All you can see is the current measurement. 

Samsung has said you could download your historical SHealth data to your phone, and I have done this.  But the data is not usable unless you have a decoding tool to show you the data.  I have imported the data into Excel and it showed the data, but not date, time, or location or activity.  Lots of long numerical codes that I cannot figure out when the reading value was taken.  They should provide a tool to view the measured data.  The old SHealth does have that trend analysis view in the O2 measurement tool before they removed it.