JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Health Oxygen saturation removed?

(Topic created on: 1/31/21 6:46 PM)
WarpedTrekker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Why was this removed from the app? I had a lot of data I was keeping for my doctor and it was the most useful thing in the app for me. They remove a function without notifying customers beforehand. Makes me want to switch to Apple. 

How do we contact Samsung support about this? 

109 Replies
userlyaoQzfB0K
Astronaut
Options

Can you please send me a copy of the app for blood saturation. Thanks 

0 Likes
Members_YHS2uaZ
Constellation
Options

Are you still able to provide the package for the Samsung health app that contains the pulse, oxygen,  & stress measurements? 

If so, I would love to get it. 

0 Likes
userwPjby6gc3e
Constellation
Options

If you read the accepted solution, which was posted before your comment you will see that O2 sensor is still enabled and available in Samsung Health. It has just been moved to a different place in the app (it's under "Stress").

I've just verified this with the latest Android and the latest Samsung Health a/o Apr 21, 2020.

0 Likes
user0IZGFSvzg1
Astronaut
Options

I have a Galaxy S10e running Android 10.  I installed Samsung Health today (4/24/20), so I'm using the latest version.  I did this explicitly to use the oxygen saturation feature.  Of course I found it wasn't there; I do see the 1/22/20 notice, "Oxygen saturation measurement is moving", which says "In the stress tracker, if Measure multiple is turned on, your oxygen saturation level will be included in your results."

However, there's no stress tracker/measurement function.  I enabled the permissions most likely to be involved (Body sensors, Camera, and Storage) and it didn't appear so I enabled all the requested permissions.  Still no stress tracker.

In the app description in Google Play it says "Tablets and some mobile devices may not be supported.  Some functions may not be available based on regions/service providers/devices."  I guess my phone & I fall into one of those categories.  Good luck to the rest of you!

0 Likes
SamComUser20
Asteroid
Options

Right, your S10e does not have a HR/O2 sensor. All the S/Note 8s and 9s have it, and the S10 and S10+ have it. Not the S10e nor Note 10, and none of the new 20 line have it either. Those models are focused on social media and sharing pictures or videos. No room left in the phone for the HR sensor....

0 Likes
usersby8kLqugC
Constellation
Options

i have an S10+ and under the stress optio, all i have is "breathe".  no option to do anything with HR  using version 6.15.003

0 Likes
Ezriderz
Astronaut
Options

Yes, the new version of SHealth has SpO2 measurement within the Stress measurement tool, however, they provide no way to view past levels or see any trend data.  All you can see is the current measurement. 

Samsung has said you could download your historical SHealth data to your phone, and I have done this.  But the data is not usable unless you have a decoding tool to show you the data.  I have imported the data into Excel and it showed the data, but not date, time, or location or activity.  Lots of long numerical codes that I cannot figure out when the reading value was taken.  They should provide a tool to view the measured data.  The old SHealth does have that trend analysis view in the O2 measurement tool before they removed it.

0 Likes
Members_YHS2uaZ
Constellation
Options

I just verified on my phone (AGAIN) and like I said there is no input allowed except for a breathing exercise. I would add a screenshot if I knew how. 

@userwPjby6gc3e wrote:

If you read the accepted solution, which was posted before your comment you will see that O2 sensor is still enabled and available in Samsung Health. It has just been moved to a different place in the app (it's under "Stress").

I've just verified this with the latest Android and the latest Samsung Health a/o Apr 21, 2020.

0 Likes
kacie5288
Constellation
Options

This suggestion is absolute rubbish! I called and the rep told me(in terrible broken english) that they could make a "note" of it but they would not be getting this feature back as a stand alone option again. She was frankly rude and I'm certain there is no "note" beings she wouldn't even take my name! Really setting the bar high Samsung!

☆Rusty Nailz☆
Options

NOT true! This is NOT a solution! Bring back the sensor availability or after 11 Note's I will never buy Samsung again! There are way too many problems with your products. After one year you refuse to update or support your products forcing customers into the new model. There was zero reason to remove this other than to be cheap!

*Owner of every single Note. Upgraded this year to the Note 20+ 512 GB and the Samsung Watch3 LTE. Pre-ordered the WIFI Tab S7+ 512 GB
0 Likes