Original topic:

Samsung Health Period Tracking

(Topic created: 04-18-2024 07:14 AM)
lindseythrelkeld
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I just got the Galaxy Watch 5 and I love it! I started using the Samsung health period tracker and, from my understanding, it's supposed to track your cycle using slight temperature changes. Mine has been all out of wack though, because I don't have a period anymore. I still want to track my cycle so that I can be more informed about my hormones (and to know when I'm PMSing so I don't feel crazy). Could there be a setting that allows you to not have to input a period for the app to track your cycle? 

I would just put on the app that I'm pregnant so that it stops asking for my period, but I'm not sure if that would change the hormonal tracking settings since obviously hormones change significantly while pregnant. 

Is there anything that can happen about this, or do periods HAVE to be put in to track a cycle?

3 Replies
realaud
Black Hole
Options

Period tracking is user input only. If you don't want that data tracked don't input any information.  You are not required to put any information in, and there is no biological link to a person that it would know.  You can take that section off of your health home screen so that you don't get confused. Go to Samsung Health app, select the 3 dot menu in the upper right, select "edit home" and you can add sections you want to track and take away the ones you don't; and you can re-order the sections that you want to see first in your list.

And...oh, no, no, no, no, in this tenuous political atmosphere, don't even put in that you are pregnant.  If you want to track your cycle, do it the old fashioned way, with pencil and paper, an old fashioned paper calendar or diary.

I want to be very clear here: NO WOMAN, REGARDLESS OF POLITICAL OR RELIGIOUS BELIEFS, SHOULD EVER PUT THEIR BIOLOGICAL INFORMATION IN A WEB CONNECTED APP!!!!

0 Likes
Members_onl9vtI
Constellation
Options

Under setting there a situation that affect your cycle and 2 option I'm pregnant or I'm lactating.

0 Likes
realaud
Black Hole
Options

NO WOMAN, REGARDLESS OF POLITICAL OR RELIGIOUS BELIEFS, SHOULD EVER PUT THEIR BIOLOGICAL INFORMATION IN A WEB CONNECTED APP!!!!

0 Likes