cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Samsung Health Update is a Bummer

My phone automatically updated the Samsung Health App last night and with it I lost the Weight management option of the app. I called customer service and they said that this update removed that option and that the app developers have been notified but no update to bring it back is in the nearby future ☹. I was loving this App and how it was helping me get fit during Quarantine.  
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Health Update is a Bummer

same here, I got the new update today and was bummed. It helped me balance my meals along with the calorie intake feature.... so sad that it's gone ☹
Highlighted
Supernova

Sorry to hear about this removal and its effect on you @useryInbBF9Bfl @Faransu 

I'm not with Samsung but have been involved in app development before. It's likely that this feature was being underutilized across everyone that used the Samsung Health app. The return on developing for that feature and maintaining it with updates likely wasn't something Samsung's product team deemed as worth the effort. I know that doesn't help you but does provide you some insight into how these decisions are made.

I'd bet the Samsung Health team would love to hear this feedback: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.android.app.shealth&hl=en_US

You might also reach out to the support team with your feedback: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/samsung-health

Finally, I've tagged this post so the Samsung team can see your feedback and take it into account in the future on decisions like this. I hope you find an alternative app that works for you. I've used MyFitnessPal in past and really liked it! 

---

Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted
Constellation

I was absolutely furious when I found out it had been deleted too. That was the best weight management app I have ever seen and only had it 2 days!!! I purchased a galaxy watch recently and didn't use the Samsung Health app before the watch. I was SOOO excited. I don't even want the Samsung Health app anymore. Why would you take away the only thing that makes your app stand out amongst the rest?! STUPID MOVE, SAMSUNG!

Highlighted
Supernova

@useryInbBF9Bfl Sorry to hear about this removal and its effect on you.

I'm not with Samsung but have been involved in app development before. It's likely that this feature was being underutilized across everyone that used the Samsung Health app. The return on developing for that feature and maintaining it with updates likely wasn't something Samsung's product team deemed as worth the effort. I know that doesn't help you but does provide you some insight into how these decisions are made.

I'd bet the Samsung Health team would love to hear this feedback: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.android.app.shealth&hl=en_US

You might also reach out to the support team with your feedback: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/samsung-health

Finally, I've tagged this post so the Samsung team can see your feedback and take it into account in the future on decisions like this. I hope you find an alternative app that works for you. I've used MyFitnessPal in past and really liked it! 

---

Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted
Asteroid

This was the app that convinced me to buy a Samsung watch - luckily I hadn't yet pulled the trigger.

Highlighted
Astronaut

bring it back come on now
Highlighted

I have lost 71lbs using that very feature. The fact that it calculated the Basil metabolic rate and then subtracted the calorie expended and added the calories I ate were critical in understanding where I was each day.

Put that widget back

Highlighted
Supernova

@useryInbBF9Bfl @Samsung_3MINWgH @be44 @Peebo @userBovbVgYwax 

Thanks for letting the forum know how you feel about this change. I'm not with Samsung but have been involved in app development. It's hard to know which features to keep, update, and grow sometimes. I'd bet this specific feature was under utilized by the vast majority of folks using the Samsung Health app, and so development effort was moved elsewhere. Hopefully your feedback is heard and that feature or something returns. 

I'd encourage you to leave this feedback for the app developer here on the app page (Android or iOS).

I know in reading about this issue that some folks really want the weight management widget back, but I did want to make sure you knew the tracking capabilities are still there. As the report here states, some management features are being removed, but tracking of weight, caffeine, and calorie intake, is not

Have you seen a specific feature function you want back? Which one and how would you like to see that used?

I've tagged your post so it appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

--

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation!