Original topic:

Samsung Health and recording steps

(Topic created: 05-03-2022 05:19 PM)
CJ3812
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I'm hoping someone on the software team gets notified from this. Samsung health records steps from the phone as well as the watch. I've tested this against Google fit and the steps are always off by 150 more or less. Strava is the only partner app as far as health. Every run I record on my watch using the Samsung app is always .11 less then Strava, but when I use the Strava app the line up perfectly. The 2 software teams need to work closer together especially seeing it's the only partnering app. Gps needs a major over health it looks fine until you add the satellite view in. This is why the metrics are alway second guessed. Forget the hardware drill down on the software algorithms perfect thise then implement new hardware. The heart I've watched go from bad to great. Gps and algorithms need to be all that's improved. I'll pay a premium price for premium software. Google used old tech and has the best camera. Get help they have Fitbit and they taylor the software to you guy's so what's the problem here. 

2 Replies
K87
Halo
Options
I wish I could figure out how to link Google fit to Samsung Health and I really wish I could link mychart (it's an app that allows u to put all of ur doctor's on there, medication, lab results, etc and every doctor has access).. I know that's not happening, but google fit seems reasonable (u can link headspace, Walgreens, Harry Potter unite and a bunch of other random apps to Google fit.. Harry Potter is like Pokémon go so u have to wander around and it
shows how ur path from maps plus how much u walked... It's kind of weird, but at least it's possible.
I hate that strava is the only option, I use it, as well
0 Likes
CJ3812
Astronaut
Options
Absolutely it's possible Samsung has to take a step back from hardware and work on integration. Integration and innovation go hand and hand.
0 Likes