I'm unable to connect Samsung Health app to Virgin Pulse app due to errors(please see photo attachments) I've tried allowing permissions in the Samsung Health app, reinstalled both apps, rebooted my phone, but it just doesn't connect with an error. This pretty much makes my Galaxy Watch Active useless as it can only use Samsung Health. I'm currently having to use Google Fit alternatively but I have to have the phone in my pocket all the time for counting steps
Galaxy S10 Plus(SM-G975U1)
Build number: G975U1UES2ASGF
Android version 9
Android security patch level: Aug 1, 2019
Solved! Go to Solution.
Give these steps a try: 1. Samsung Health > More > Settings > Samsung Account (Need to Log-in) > Sync now > Completed (show the completed date and time)
2. Close All apps on task manager (button on the left of Home button) and open the Samsung Health again
3. Samsung Health > More > Settings > About Samsung Health > App Info(Tap a ⓘ icon on top) > Permissions > Turn On All or Samsung Health > More > Settings > Data Permissions > The Featured app the user wants to sync with Samsung Health > ON
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.
Developer mode works, but I think it's utterly stupid that neither virgin pulse nor samsung provided any solution and we need to resort to this to solve it.
Here's the actual fix.
1) Uninstall Virgin Pulse and restart phone.
2) Open Samsung Health settings and data permissions.
3) Download one of the recommended apps and allow permissions. (I used MyFitness Pal by Under Armour)
4) Redownload Virgin Pulse and connect to android device.
5) Connect to Samsung Health and add permissions will work.