JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Health app permissions

(Topic created on: 4/10/21 5:23 AM)
userZyKafJhfe7
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Why does this app need to have permission to access and make phone calls? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

For questions or concerns regarding the Samsung HEalth app, you will need to reach out to the Samsung apps team directly by calling 1-855-795-0509.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
user5ZM5KwMQXN
Astronaut
Options

I have the same question. Any idea if I can skip the update?

userZyKafJhfe7
Constellation
Options

Doesn't look like it.

I went ahead and gave permission.   Now I want to know who the app is going to call and what that conversation is about. :flushed_face:

Members_ylA7ufE
Constellation
Options

Maybe the app won't call anyone, but will prevent you from hanging up before you confess to your interlocutor just how lazy you've been of late.

0 Likes
useryLVCMTDQsN
Astronaut
Options

Any new info on this? It's marked as solved but it hasn't been solved. I would also like to know why they need permissions to make phone calls

userbU03B29RrC
Astronaut
Options

I'll be removing the app and using a different one, no need for that permission...

annoyedby5
Astronaut
Options
I will be getting a fitbit. I was holding off on it but nope. They don't provide a reason for the access and you can't use it or have access to your data if you don't give it? I will be looking at fitbit or Garmin ASAP
userAAOa8NcNyx
Astronaut
Options

This is an outrageous intrusion in privacy. I paid $1,000 for my S9 Note and Samsung has no right to use my contacts for their marketing purposes.

user7ngp4hkFAu
Astronaut
Options
I agree. It doesn't make sense, recently it is requesting more and more permissions.
userrmmOwyO9GX
Constellation
Options

Same issue. I hit agree and it sends me to settings. What a joke.  Looking for alternative apps now. Any recommendations?