Original topic:

Samsung Health losing Weight Management Feature

(Topic created: 07-26-2020 01:43 PM)
ThisIsSteps
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi,

I have just read that Samsung Health will lose the Weight Management feature in the near future. This is a feature that I use on a daily basis, and it is something that I need to aid me in my weight loss goals. I've had the Galaxy Watch up until last month, and then end of June treated myself to the Galaxy Active 2 and I have been working with the weight management section for 2 years now. Only to find out now that you will take away the most important feature? I have spent a lot of money on the new watch and this renders it completely useless for me!

Why wasn't there any warnings whatsoever? I could have avoided the purchase and got myself a fitness tracking device that works with an app that actually fulfills its purpose. Can I get an explanation, please?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

12 Replies
userTfMYqE8ihE
Constellation
Options

The single most useful feature on Active 2. What they are retaining is calorie and weight tracking, which can be done using a cheap fitness band and an app. 

A smart watch is supposed to deliver more...information which can be acted upon. Under/over calories is such a behavioural stimulus to control cravings and over eating

Calorie intake synced from My fitness Pal plus calories burned from activity tracking combined to let users know their next action is extodinatily useful feature to have. In fact, step counter and food intake measurement can be done away with instead of weight management. 

Step counter is useless without knowing how much calories you have taken in..while food intake is much comprehensive on my fitness Pal which can be anyway synced to watch

ThisIsSteps
Asteroid
Options

Glad to see that someone's with me on this.

So far they have only announced it in Germany but its probably just a matter of time.

Samsung keeps going like this they'll loose a few customers. 

Once this feature is gone, I'll have no use for the Samsung Health app anymore.

Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

ThisIsSteps
Asteroid
Options

Thanks for the reply but this makes me wonder if you've even read my post or randomly just pasted a generic answer in here. This is not feedback nor an idea. I am looking for a statement in regards to the weight management feature in the app and why you are looking to take it away?

user8Fw2hPXKpu
Constellation
Options
I agree with this user and I am actually very upset that this feature was taken away. It kept me in check and I wanted to see if I stayed under last night. very disappointed samsung.
gnessb
Astronaut
Options
Bring back "Weight Management" back to samsung health!
0 Likes
SamZo10
Cosmic Ray
Options
Bring it back!! this is the feature that actually made want to use Samsung Health.. why on earth would it be removed. its probably the most helpful feature.
ThisIsSteps
Asteroid
Options

As of Monday,  the feature is now gone for me.

I got an email last night, saying someone posted under this thread (which has in the meantime been deleted) asking me to be more specific about the feature that I am concerned about losing. Despite having it in the title and explaining it very thoroughly in my post, let me say it again: The Weight Management Feature. It is gone and people are not happy. Why would you take it away?

JohnLoose
Supernova
Options

@ThisIsSteps 

Thanks for letting the forum know how you feel about this change. I'm not with Samsung but have been involved in app development. It's hard to know which features to keep, update, and grow sometimes. I'd bet this specific feature was under utilized by the vast majority of folks using the Samsung Health app, and so development effort was moved elsewhere. Hopefully your feedback is heard and that feature or something returns. 

I'd encourage you to leave this feedback for the app developer here on the app page (Android or iOS).

I know in reading about this issue that some folks really want the weight management widget back, but I did want to make sure you knew the tracking capabilities are still there. As the report here states, some management features are being removed, but tracking of weight, caffeine, and calorie intake, is not

Have you seen a specific feature function you want back? Which one and how would you like to see that used?

I've tagged your post so it appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

--

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation!
0 Likes