Hi can someone help since the update the stress monitor part of Samsung Health crashes every time I try to check it then it screws the phone up and I have to restart it. I tried the cache I've deleted the data I even deleted the app an reinstalled but no of which worked I'm at a loss because it was the only way I could monitor my SP02 as Samsung stupidly removed this option without asking how many people use it.
Still if someone knows a fix please let me know.
Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?
The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.
Give these steps a try to wipe the cache partition on your device:
1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
-An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
5. Press Power key to select.
6. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
8. Press the Power key to restart the device.
Please check for software updates this app error can occur due to simple software glitches if not youll need to check in the app store for any form of patch being relased and that should solve the issue