Original topic:

Samsung Health

(Topic created: 07-08-2021 04:32 AM)
TransGuy
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Why wouldn't Samsung invest in improving their health app... sleep tracking could be So much better! Fit bit does such a better job with this also the stats could be tighter and exportable to share with my trainer or my doctors especially with heart rate blood pressure etc. Such a big market and a missed opportunity! 
2 Replies
userA74DJkLTuJ
Constellation
Options
I'm also surprised that Samsung Health doesn't track temperatures!! That seems very strange to me especially since they use it for alerts with COVID-19 whenever I go to a medical facility. But tracking temperature is also a good part for tracking your health. If Samsung software engineers are paying attention, please add it to the data base of the App.
TransGuy
Constellation
Options

Absolutely. There are many inexpensive watches that do it all, BP, temp, HR, etc. There's a wealth of knowledge to be gathered by integrating all these stats, and based on age, weight, etc., could be a comprehensive tool for improving our fitness, sleep, weight and overall health.

There are so many apps available which can be partnered with (like they do with UnderArmour, or MyFitnessPal), they could integrate with 3rd party, or build their own.

Younger folks may be more focused on their fitness (miles run, speed, HR), but older folks are focused on sleep, BP, HR, temp etc. With the resources they have available, they could improve the usability,  software and hardware for each group as well as their styling. Not everyone wants a large round watch (which is why I like my GearFit 2).

Sleep in particular has been proven to be so critical for weight management and mental health, so granular metrics about sleep (REM, Deep vs. Light) and even snoring (sleep apnea) wold be useful. A take-home sleep test only relies on a oximetry sensor (and sometimes sound and breath). They could sell a sleep accessory to do an at-home sleep test!

0 Likes