Original topic:

Samsung Magician makes my computer crash

(Topic created: 03-16-2022 08:05 AM)
Bas Schilperoord
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Dear Sir/Madam,

Today I started my computer and noticed Samsung Magician was not launching. I tried to open software as I normally do to check the diagnostics and to keep it up-to-date. Now everytime I open the software my whole system becomes unresponsive to mouse clicks and a lot more and the system is really slow, also the software doesn't launch. The only way to launch the software is by going in Safe Mode, but that's not ideal. I've tried uninstalling through Safe Mode and re-installing the software, but didn't budge.

I've also checked the SSD with CrystalDiskMark and it reports that my SSD is healthy (98%).

Do you have any idea what I could do?

Software version of Samsung Magician: 7.0.1.630

5 Replies
Charkatak
Black Hole
Options
1) See if any windows updates were installed recently and/or you updated to latest version of Samsung Magician which may have an issue. 2) Additionally, do you use Samsung NVME drivers?

0 Likes
Bas Schilperoord
Asteroid
Options

The latest update I installed was KB4023057 and I can't uninstall that one as it is a core Windows component. The Samsung 980 Pro has no drivers, it uses the Windows default drivers. What else can I do? I think the only option is re-installing Windows, but I hate to do that.

0 Likes
Charkatak
Black Hole
Options
I have Samsung 960 Evo and it uses either windows default drivers or Samsung NVME. You probably have the latest 7.0 version of Magician. What if you try a bit older version?

0 Likes
Bas Schilperoord
Asteroid
Options

Where can I get official uploads of previous versions?

0 Likes
Charkatak
Black Hole
Options
0 Likes