Original topic:

Samsung Members app and Galaxy Store showing in German on US Samsung account

(Topic created on: 4/13/21 5:30 PM)
userehEWqd3O4J
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hello,

I recently purchased and activated my new S21+ in the US, where I live, but I often have to travel to Germany due to my wife's job, so I have both a US sim card and a German sim card. 

I used my US sim card for a while before eventually switching to the German one when we had to go abroad.

A few days after inserting the German sim, I was prompted to agree to the terms again when opening the Galaxy Store app and could not proceed without doing so. Once the Store loaded, I noticed that all the content of the store was now in German, even though I was still connected to a US IP address via my personal VPN server.

Some of the apps that needed to be updated are now displaying in German instead of English. For example, "Phone Finder" for my Galaxy Watch 3 is now showing as "Telefon Finden."

To be clear, the UI of the app is still in English but all the content in the store is now in German such as app names and descriptions. Similarly, when I try to open the Samsung Members app, most of the content is in German, even when I try to initiate a chat with support.

My region is still the US and my language is still set to English in my Samsung account, but it seems that some of the Samsung content is defaulting to German somehow, presumably based on the sim. 

Is there any way to change this? I have poured through the settings but was unable to get anywhere. Clearing cache and data also didn't work.

I don't speak German but only occasionally travel there because of my wife's employer, so it's strange that the phone would show me content in a language that I don't understand, outside of my selected region.

As of a few hours ago, I also noticed another change that seems to indicate that my S21+ is somehow being set to a "full time" German phone. The entire period that I've been abroad, which is only about a week, the lock screen clock was showing both my "home" time zone in the US and my "local" time zone here in Germany. 

This was actually very helpful for keeping track of both time zones, but a few hours ago, the "home" time zone disappeared and the phone now only shows the local German time. The Roaming Clock setting still shows the correct home time zone, but it no longer displays on the screen.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm trying to be detailed here in the hopes of getting a solution. This has never happened to me with any other phone I've owned as they always stick to the selected region, whether or not a foreign sim is being used. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Thank you for reaching out. I would recommend contacting customer support and requesting remote support so they can see what the issue may be. They may be reached by calling 1-800-786-7864.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Thank you for reaching out. I would recommend contacting customer support and requesting remote support so they can see what the issue may be. They may be reached by calling 1-800-786-7864.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userehEWqd3O4J
Asteroid
Options

Thank you, I will give them a call to try and resolve this issue. I’ll mark this as solved for the time being.

0 Likes