cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Samsung Members app will not load after Pie update. Anyone else?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Note 8 on AT&T and after I got the Android Pie update, I have not been able to open the Samsung Members App. It WILL open... to a white screen and never proceed any further.

I tried closing and reopening, restarting the phone and reopening and even uninstalling the app and reinstalling and reopening and it will not open.

I just got an update from Google Play store today for Samsung Members but it did not make any differnce.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung Members app will not load after Pie update. Anyone else?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried that before and didn't help. I actually fixed it yesterday and the fix is silly....

I noticed the app info that it's downloaded from Google Play. So after uninstalling/reinstalling for the nth-time, I decided to uninstall it and use the Samsung Store to download Samsung Members. I prefer to keep all my app in Google Play if I can but had no choice. Anyways... It worked!!

So problem solved. But the silly part of it... When I checked for general updates in Google Play, it had an update for Samsung Members and wouldnt go away even though I installed it using Samsung Store and shows Samsung Store in the app info.

It annoys me to have an update in Google Play so I went ahead and installed it and now it says in the app info for the app downloaded from Google Play. But the app still works after install.  Just weird that the app was taken away and now managed by Google Play but as long as it works I don't care.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried clearing the cache and data for the app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried that before and didn't help. I actually fixed it yesterday and the fix is silly....

I noticed the app info that it's downloaded from Google Play. So after uninstalling/reinstalling for the nth-time, I decided to uninstall it and use the Samsung Store to download Samsung Members. I prefer to keep all my app in Google Play if I can but had no choice. Anyways... It worked!!

So problem solved. But the silly part of it... When I checked for general updates in Google Play, it had an update for Samsung Members and wouldnt go away even though I installed it using Samsung Store and shows Samsung Store in the app info.

It annoys me to have an update in Google Play so I went ahead and installed it and now it says in the app info for the app downloaded from Google Play. But the app still works after install.  Just weird that the app was taken away and now managed by Google Play but as long as it works I don't care.

View solution in original post