JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Messaging - Can't get text from wife only

(Topic created: 10-01-2020 02:02 PM)
userqTUIPpgOsc
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My wife and I have Samsung S20 and have been using Android messaging.  We both also just got the Galaxy 3 watches which require that Samsung Messaging be used as default for SMS.   Now I cannot get text messages from wife.  I can send her text messages and if she responds in the notifications area I will get her text but if she just opens ths Samsung Messaging app to send me a text I never get it.  There is no error on her side.  If she uses the Galaxy 3 watch messaging app I get them on my phone.  We have gone to T-mobile and Samsung experience store and no help.  

I have done the following:

1.  check to make sure I did not block her.

2.  replace sim cards in both phones.

3.  erase all data (after saving to Samsung cloud) and reinstalled all apps.

4.  hard and soft resets

5.  check for software updates

6.  T-mobile warranty replaced my wife's phone but maybe my phone is problem.

I get and can send text messages to anyone else no problem but I do not get them from my wife.  Very odd.  Any ideas?   I have spent hours trying to research this but nothing.  AND to go back to Android messaging app would be fine but the Galaxy 3 watch requires Samsung messaging app as default and we would then lose the ability to get texts on watches too which was one of the big sellilng points for us.  

One last point I can call her no problem and she can call me so it is not blocked.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Kcmaldo75
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
I had the same problem. I solved it. You can't just delete Android app. Reinstall the app., switch back to android. Turn off chat option. They go back to Samsung Messages and make it the default. Once you do that.....then Uninstall the Android message app.

View solution in context

4 Replies
usercobTfaD9fQ
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
I had the same problem with my Galaxy phone for months . And it wasn't only one person It seemed like I only didn't get messages from people that frequently message me. Like my daughter my friend and I can't remember the other person, however this was in the middle of actually just the beginning of the virus I have Xfinity mobile And I was getting tired of waiting 45 minutes for no one to pick up or someone to read from a screen and give me the same exact solution I could have done a home and saved myself the trouble, So what it did was I started with a soft reset, It worked for like half a day, then I did a different reset didn't work at all, then I try accessibility reset turned it on and off actually does it for you. And although I cannot say it has completely resolved my problem it does last about a month before the Wi-Fi or I don't realize how a message from them. which is weird cuz it's just those three people
0 Likes
userqTUIPpgOsc
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I tried "accessibility reset" but still no luck.  T-moblie is replacing the phone under warranty and I hope this works but I suspect it some type of software or setting issue and not a hardware one.  

0 Likes
Solution
Kcmaldo75
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
I had the same problem. I solved it. You can't just delete Android app. Reinstall the app., switch back to android. Turn off chat option. They go back to Samsung Messages and make it the default. Once you do that.....then Uninstall the Android message app.
userqTUIPpgOsc
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Kcmaldo75,

THAT DID IT!!!!!!  Oh my god, this has been driving me insane.   Through it all Tmobile replaced both my phone and my wife's Samsung S20s.  All in with more hours than I care to count with visits to TMobile, Samsung Experience and 1-800-Samsung you have solved my problem.  I cannot thank you enough.  I knew it had to be a software issue or setting issue but for the life of me I would have never solved it.  Thanks again.  I appreciate your help.