Original topic:

Samsung Messaging acting up/ RED DOT

(Topic created: 09-13-2022 05:50 AM)
wonder7272
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
My husband and I have been having some really weird issues with our phones...mainly his.  Our text messages will be fine and then off and on throughout the day will start acting weird. Sometimes they get stuck sending. Other times they don't say sent, delivered or read...just the time stamp. Some of these messages go through and some will not but they never refresh with a status of delivered, read or anything.... We used to always have a blue dot next to our contact picture but his is always red for me now in Samsung Messages and mine apparently switches back and forth between red and blue on his phone. Aside from this, his phone will get double notifications for some calls and messages. It has sent notifications saying  "messages syncing" when he wasn't connected to anything it should be syncing with. We have also had MCM Client send 3 notifications at the same time that it's processing requests when nothing was done in the phone. His phone in general has just been very weird and he isn't sure what's causing it. He has a S22 and I have a S21 FE 5G... both less than 3 months old. I'm hoping someone may have a suggestion to help us fix the messaging issue though because it has become a real headache as we can't always just pick up and call throughout the day. Thank you in advance. 
0 Likes
2 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Keep in mind, about the "delivered or read" notices ... that feature has to be enabled on the receiver's device - if it's not enabled, you won't get the notice

As a sidenote - I suggest y'all switch to Google Messages - it's much more reliable and you can also use the Google Messages web version on a laptop or desktop.

Google Messages is now the default chat app, starting with the S22 series
0 Likes
wonder7272
Astronaut
Options
We do have it enabled and both are using samsung messages, but we probably will end up switching because the Samsung app just hasn't been working for us at all.