cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Music not working with Android Auto

I think Samsung Music is one of the best music apps out there, and was very excited to hear that it recently became compatible with Android Auto (which was one of the reasons I chose to upgrade to a Galaxy S10). However, I am not able to access the app from the Android Auto screen. If I play music on the app from the phone screen, the audio does play through my car speakers, though I have no way of controlling the app through the main car stereo. How do I go about fixing this?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Music not working with Android Auto

I'm having the same problem, wondering if you ever found a fix for it? Thanks. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Music not working with Android Auto

Sort of.

Google Support insisted this was a Samsung problem. Samsung insisted it was a Google problem.

What I found was that the app was available through the Galaxy Store. Download it from there, then enable Developer Options in the Android Auto app (not the phone itself, though I've done that as well). Once you've done that, you can allow apps installed from Unknown Sources to be displayed on Android Auto, which apparently includes Samsung Music. Works like a charm after that.

Hopefully the rumored deal between Samsung and Google to kill Bixby and the Galaxy Store doesn't also kill functionality of this app.