JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Music won't play WMA/WMV?

(Topic created: 01-30-2021 02:02 PM)
StephenB222
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

After transferring all my audio from the S9+ into S21+ 256gb, Samsung Music will not play any of my WMA files, ripped at 192kbps. Am I missing something, as they played perfectly on the S9+?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
StephenB222
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Used Members app, submitted under "Get Help," Errors icon.

clipboard_image_1612124105143.jpg

Tignutz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Having the same problem
Jlc3366
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I am not the only one having issues.
Brooks2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have the same problem. I transferred songs from my S10+ to the S21 Ultra and most of them did not play. Then I copied them from my PC to the S21 Ultra and I had the same problem.

The music that I transferred using SmartSwitch played without problem on my S10+.

StephenB222
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Well, gang, Samsung will not support WMA files in its native music player app.
See comment for Screenshot of their reply.
StephenB222
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Time to take a stand.

clipboard_image_1612342787349.jpg

userVkyE3he62W
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Same problem to, it's very frustrating when most of my music is in Wma format and on my computer 

usermaKl7lOsZ9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I had the exact same problem when I upgraded from S9+ to S21 Ultra and was using the PI Music player.  It recognized the WMA songs where in the music folder, it just wouldn't play them.  I just decided to give the Rocket Music Player a try and the WMA files play perfect on it (along with my other music file types).

StephenB222
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm pushing back on Samsung. Their published specs for the Music app states it will play WMAs, FLAC, etc. There is nothing in the S21 series that should change that. Let them make it work.
Jeff69M
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
So, is there an answer to getting S21 to play WMA music?