Original topic:

Samsung Notes Unable to Import Saved Memos From Samsung Cloud

(Topic created: 06-20-2022 12:31 PM)
userzTMtNZOFux
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi

Recently, my S20 broke and I ordered a replacement phone. I made sure all apps and saved data was backed up on Samsung Cloud.

On my Samsung Cloud account I have a data file for 96 Memos.

On the new phone, there is the ‘Samsung Notes’ app instead of ‘Memos’, although both apps seem to do the same thing.

In order to import my Memos from Samsung Cloud, I tapped on the top 3 lines > tapped on settings > import data > memos from Samsung Account. However, I am only able to recover 40 out of the 96 saved memos on my Samsung Cloud.

The memos I am able to recover are from January 2015 to July 2018. It seems that the 56 memos after this date are in a different format which can’t be read or imported by Samsung Notes.

There is important and irreplaceable work and financial information I am unable to retrieve from these 56 recent memos notes and there is no way to import these memos into Samsung Notes. It seems like this is something the developers have overlooked which can probably be fixed very easily with an update to the Samsung Notes app.

Can Samsung help to update the Samsung Notes app so that it can import these memos?

Alternatively, is there any other way to download and read the memo data file to access the remaining 56 memos which are saved on my Samsung Cloud?

Thanks

Chris

2 Replies
Sniglet88
Astronaut
Options
No response from Samsung techs? Very disappointing.
0 Likes
useriXCYnGuFeY
Asteroid
Options

try creating a topic with a space again

0 Likes