Original topic:

Samsung Notes custom templates dark mode

(Topic created: 01-16-2022 04:15 AM)
elena_a
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi,

I have created a template that I want to use as background inside Samsung Notes. Furthermore, I want to use this template with the option "Adjust color in dark mode", so that I can write my notes with a dark background, and then when I export the notes the colors are automatically inverted and the background is white. My template has a transparent background to accomplish that.

Here's the problem: when I import this template, the background is automatically set to white and the following text appears: "Dark mode not applied because the background is a downloaded PDF". Also, I cannot toggle the option "Adjust color in dark mode", as it is shaded. The same thing happens if I try to import my template as a PNG image instead of as a PDF.

It seems to me that this is a bug of the app and there is no workaround, but maybe someone here has a solution?

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Mine is the same way on s21 ultra. I write the note in dark mode but when I save it , it saves it on a white background
0 Likes
elena_a
Constellation
Options

This is the expected behavior and it works fine with the default template that are already inside the app. I would like to do the same with a custom template that I have imported, but it doesn't work. When I select my custom template I cannot activate the dark mode.

0 Likes
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
I wad u aware of being able to do that. Never had a phone that used s pen before
0 Likes
nikhilweee
Astronaut
Options

I'm having the same issue. Really looking forward to a solution.