JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Notes in Dark Mode

(Topic created: 09-26-2021 06:43 PM)
user3TL2Bc1Gq4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I use Samsung notes in dark mode on my S20+. I have it set to use a black background when starting a new note. But by default the text I start to write is also black so it doesn't show up. I have to manually change it every time I start a new or add to a previous note. Is there a way to make this be white by default?
Thank you.
11 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
Try to reset the app.. mines is white by default on dark mode... im on note 20 ultra though
0 Likes
user3TL2Bc1Gq4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Thanks for the reply. I looked into that, but I'm not sure how I would reset the app? I've force stopped it. I've restarted my phone. Not sure if I can clear cache or not. I'm afraid to uninstall it as I have a lot of info saved in it.
So frustrating. I really like all my apps to be on dark mode. But this is annoying.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
Do a backup before you try anything... you can clear the cache and your info not be affected.. do NOT hit clear data because you will lose everything
0 Likes
ShortyMa
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
Open notes click on the the button on bottom to create a new note from there you can change the pen color. Also when you get to the color choice in the second pic scroll until you get the dots of color then click on that. Screenshot_20210925-201911_Samsung Notes_1264.jpgScreenshot_20210925-202643_Samsung Notes_1267.jpgScreenshot_20210925-202229_Samsung Notes_1265.jpgScreenshot_20210925-202659_Samsung Notes.jpg
0 Likes
user3TL2Bc1Gq4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Thanks for the reply. I did those things and was able to get the pen color white. But my issue is, I want that pen color to be white by default so I don't have to manually change it every time I start a new note. It starts as a black pen by default as if I had a white background. But I'm using a black background as I like dark mode. Thanks.
0 Likes
ShortyMa
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
Sorry that didn't work. You would think that it would would stay what ever color you choose.
0 Likes
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@user3TL2Bc1Gq4

Hey,

If you're settings the background color to black the app will change the font color to dark dark grey. The default color for all new notes.

The original default background color is transparent with a slightly gray font or white. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

0 Likes
user3TL2Bc1Gq4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Thanks for the reply. So does that mean I can't have a black background and a light grey/white font? So I'm out of luck in other words?
0 Likes
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@user3TL2Bc1Gq4

In the settings menu, page style and template, you have the option adjust color in dark mode turned on.

In the color tab you should see the transparent background option on the top row, first one on the left side. 

That's the only way I've been able to create new notes with a dark background and light gray font color. 

Best regards, 

CLF