JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Notes: is there a way to quickly duplicate (template) notes?

(Topic created: 10-07-2020 09:25 AM)
dsent
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I've created a bunch of note templates. But the only way to use them I could find is opening a template, copying all the individual pages, and then pasting them into a new note.

It would be awesome to have a way to quickly duplicate an existing (template) note to edit it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Hey,

A not so quick way to make duplicate notes.

Long press on on the note that you want to duplicate. An action panel slides up at the bottom of the page. Select save as, select sdocx as the format. it opens my files internal storage. Create a new folder and give it an appropriate title. Select Save. Once the file has been added, tap on it. It will open in the notes app as a new note with the same data as the original note. Both notes will have the same name so you might want to rename the duplicate so you'll know which one it is. 

Best regards,

CLF 

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Hey,

A not so quick way to make duplicate notes.

Long press on on the note that you want to duplicate. An action panel slides up at the bottom of the page. Select save as, select sdocx as the format. it opens my files internal storage. Create a new folder and give it an appropriate title. Select Save. Once the file has been added, tap on it. It will open in the notes app as a new note with the same data as the original note. Both notes will have the same name so you might want to rename the duplicate so you'll know which one it is. 

Best regards,

CLF 

dsent
Constellation
Options

Thanks, @CLF !

At least that's a much nicer workaround than copying every page.

CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@dsent

You're always welcome,glad it helps at least a little bit anyway. Lol.

Have a great weekend, 

CLF 

0 Likes