cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung Pay Loyalty Cards not scanning

I recently updated from an S7 edge to the S10e.  On the S10e the membership/loyalty barcode cards saved in Samsung Pay are not scanning consistently on the store's scanners.  Why is this?  I have found mulitple threads on this topic but no solutions.  I saved all of my barcodes on Samsung pay and was very happy with not carrying them on my keychain anymore but now many of them cannot be scanned from this screen.  I can't use google pay because you can only set up a membership account for one of the vendors they recognise.  It is very inconvenient and it seems a waste to have a membership barcode app on my phone and still have to carry the barcode keychains.  I need a solution.  Does anyone have any suggestions? Does Samsung have a comment?  Please help.  

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Halo

Re: Samsung Pay Loyalty Cards not scanning

Try changing screen brightness?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hello Natey.  I both brightened and dimmed the screen but neither had an effect.  

Highlighted
Astronaut

I'm having the same issue up in Canada with my rewards cards. They worked fine for a couple of years and now they won't scan. I can't find anything on line of why this is happening or how to fix it. Mine are happening on note 10 plus.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same here (in Canada as well). My Tim Hortons Rewards Card worked perfectly fine until about 3 weeks ago. I believe it went downhill after my S8 did an update... All of a sudden the QR code for the Rewards Card is showing as a barcode which won't scan in the store. I have tried several times to add the QR code but Samsung Pay changes it to a barcode every time.

Might have to switch to Google Pay if they don't come up with a solution (I have contacted Samsung Canada via live chat a couple times and they are as clueless as I am...).

Highlighted
Constellation

Same here.  Ever since the app updated , my cards no longer work.  I suspect it's generating the barcodes wrong....  I need to find a barcode scanner so I can scan it with a computer and see what it's actually registering

Highlighted
Constellation

Im having the same issue since the app updated.  Did you ever find a fix for it?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey, thanks for reaching out! I recommend reaching out to our Samsung Pay team, they can be reached at: 844-726-7297

Highlighted
Constellation

Did you ever find a fix to this?

Highlighted
Constellation

Did you ever find a solution for this?