(Topic created: 09-03-2021 08:34 AM)
RMForlenza
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I have a Galaxy S20+ 5G

Software version G986U1UEU2DUH1/G986U10YM2DUH1/G986U1UEU2DUH1

Software patch level: August 1, 2021

Samsung Pay has always worked. Recently added a Galaxy Watch 4, with numerous updates occurring on the phone over a couple of days. At some point during the days surrounding this, Samsung pay stopped working. I believe, but cannot be sure, that it occurred in concert with the last phone update.

I have cleared the cache and the data for Samsung Pay Framework and Samsung Pay. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Samsung Pay app. Samsung Pay continues to be stuck in initializing and is unusable. Curiously, Samsung Pay seems to still be working on the Galaxy Watch 4, which I thought was interconnected with Samsung Pay on the phone.

One note, the VMWare Technologies Intelligent Hub is installed on the phone as a Device admin app so I can get my work email. There were some posts on the web that lead me to think this may be a possible point of conflict. 

Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue?

0 Likes
4 Replies
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Use mobile data instead of wifi
0 Likes
RMForlenza
Asteroid
Options

I truly wish this had resolved the issue. I turned off Wifi and attempted with only Mobile Data. There was no change, Samsung Pay is still stuck Initializing.

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Clear cache and data of Samsung pay app
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand how frustrating this can be and I would recommend speaking with our Samsung pay team directly at 844-726-7297.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes