JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Plus TV channel disappeared

(Topic created: 12-11-2022 11:50 PM)
kootch22
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Anyone else stateside lose their AsianCrush channel on their Samsung TV?

It is channel 1293 in the guide.  Mine disappeared recently and I can't even punch it in manually. Any ideas?

Also, what's the big secret with getting every channel to have closed captioning? LoL

Heidi kootch Koch
5 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
TV providers are constantly updating channels and line ups

If it got removed, it's probably because the channel is not popular
Solution
Dessyfoo
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Mine did too and I highly doubt it’s because it’s unpopular as the other person suggested. Kdramas seem super popular even tho it doesn’t have current shows and stuff like you’d get on Viki Tubi or Netflix. (Which Viki is another great option if you want to watch a bunch of old kdramas). But anyways I found the AsianCrush app thru my tv and then you can just open that and watch whatever you want on demand or even view the live tv AsianCrush channel. ☺️

kootch22
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Ah, thank you, finally an acknowledgement of the same issue ... knowing I'm not the only one is a relief, I thought I was alone on an unknown island with this one!

I recently found the app, too, thank the Lord (lol).

Do you happen to know the difference between Kokowa and Viki, in terms of content?

Heidi kootch Koch
Dessyfoo
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It’s pretty much the same content on each but. Kocowa is a US based subscription streaming site and I think it’s only korean programming from the top Korean broadcast networks. Viki is subscription also or has free standard programming (I use the app on my phone and AirPlay it to the tv) I tried the sub for a few months last year and got my binge watching fix in. Watched all the popular old period dramas I could. But Viki has Chinese and Japanese movies and shows too if you like stuff like Eternal love of Dream and Three lives three worlds the pillow book. Tubi is sort of my supplement for old martial arts movies and other random movies. They have tv shows but nothing I haven’t seen on Viki or Asian crush or would be interested in.  I never could get my registration to complete for kocowa for some reason. It stops after I put my bday in so I gave up. Figured it’s bugged. 

0 Likes
sandramc
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
1025 news channel disappeared when the tv surged can not get it back or find the channel 🤔
0 Likes