Original topic:

Samsung Plus TV

(Topic created on: 2/24/21 3:06 PM)
Members_6D79DOo
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Factory reset the tv, used all the "tip and tricks" in the community chat, had a technician come out.  Keep receiving error message on tv although all other apps work beautifully.  The technician told me that Samsung TV Plus does not use the internet connection.  Samsung supposedly has been plans to enter the "tv broadcast application" arena sometime in the future.  There was nothing he could do for me that would get my channels to broadcast.  After spending $1200 for this tv, I'm more than a little upset.  I would call this deceptive trade practices at the very least.

0 Likes
2 Replies
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
The "technician" (for lack of a better term in their case) doesn't know what they're talking about.

Samsung TV Plus is an Internet-based streaming TV service ... it is *NOT* OTA.

Yes, the Samsung TV Plus channels are listed after OTA channels, but that doesn't mean they are OTA.

Not shocked the "technician" couldn't get things working.

You need to go into your TV's Settings and have it connect to your router, either using WiFi or a hard-wired connection.

We have a 65" Samsung Frame TV and we get the Samsung TV streaming channels - took me 10 minutes to get it working.
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
On our Samsung TV, I pick up the remote

* Menu button -> navigate to Settings
* select General
* select Network
* select Open Network Settings

at this point, you choose Wireless
... or Wired

If Wireless, you select the WiFi network name, then enter password and such

... or choose Use WPS on TV , then tap WPS button on the router.

If using a Wired connection, simply ensure the wire is connected, then choose "Wired" and the TV will do the rest
0 Likes